Davis County Citizen Corps asks you to embrace the personal responsibility to be prepared…
Personal and family preparedness could involve the following tasks:
- Developing a household preparedness plan and disaster supplies kits
- Observing home health and safety practices
- Implementing disaster mitigation measures
- Participating in crime prevention and reporting crime in your neighborhood
Test your Readiness IQAre you ready to leave your home at a moment's notice?
- Do you have a Disaster Supply Kit with water, food and medicine in a designated place in your home?
- What about a small kit with emergency supplies in your car?
- Do you have a family communications plan, such as walkie-talkies, in case land and cell phone lines are down?
- Have you practiced or drilled on what to do in an emergency at home?
- Have you and your family agreed upon a specific meeting place in the event you're evacuated or become separated from friends and family.
- Finally, have you taken first aid training such as CPR in the last five years?